On Dragons Wings Part 1
20 pages, 68 pics
This is our Dragons Wings Tutorial.
This an advanced tutorial.
Need wire? Check the wire page.
This is the base design to build my award winning dragon. You will end up with a beautiful unisex pendant that, with a few tweaks later on, will start you on the path to my dragon with the removable wings. The pendant shown in the pics is the pendant you'll be making.
Want the full tutorial to make the dragon? Check out the Dragons Tutorial book or you can purchase it as a full kit.
By aquiring this document the purchaser agrees that under no circumstances will they use
any design they learn, whether taught in a class or from an I D Jewelry and Design publication, in part or whole, for the purposes of re-sale or their own tuition to others.
The purchaser of this document also agrees that the designs they are taught are the intellectual
property of I. D. Jewelry and Design and may not be reproduced without explicit written confirmation
by I. D. Jewelry and Design that they may do so.
- 18g round wire - 12-14" or 30-35cm
- Round cabochon - 1" - 1 1/4" or 25mm - 30mm x 5mm high
- 22g or 20g wire - 5 pcs - or 11-13" long or 27.5-32.5cm
- 26g or 28g wire - 25' or 750cm (in 28g wire, you'll use less if you use 26g)
- 20g square wire - 4 pcs - 11 1/2" long or 28 1/2 cm PLUS 2 pcs. - 3 1/2" or 9cm(check instructions if your cab is higher or lower then the cab I'm using for this tutorial)
- 20g half round wire - 7' or 210 cm
- Gemstone beads - 4-6mm (optional)
- Smooth flat pliers
- Mandrels assorted sizes for bail
- Permanent marker
- Anvil or another side of a hammer
- Low tac tape (green painters tape)
- Liver of sulphur (optional)
You may only need some of these items but it's good to have a weaving kit including these items:
Round & flat smooth jaw pliers
Round nosed pliers
8mm & 6mm mandrel
Bench block or small anvil
Permanent marker & Ruler
Needle tool - beading awl
Liver of Sulphur (optional)
0000 steel wool & small wire brush & polishing cloth